TIPS is seeking to appoint a Part- time Project Accountant (working 2 days a week). The scope of work includes:
Work with TIPS Project Coordinators to provide up to date financial information on TIPS projects and ensure alignment between internal systems
- Communicate with Finance Officer on an ongoing basis on any differences identified between the TIPS Project management systems and Pastel for necessary adjustments to be effected
- Working with the project co-ordinators update the project progress reports on a monthly basis and assist with preparation of quarterly reports on use of funds for large projects
- Ensure all projects have correct project numbers in Pastel and in the TIPS project management systems including contract monitoring sheets
- Provide support to TIPS project co-ordinators to effectively use Pastel
- Ensure all the projects reports show the correct budget amounts and expenditure
- Ensure alignment between the project reporting and management accounts on deferred and accrued income each month.
- Prepare ad hoc project reports as required
- Attend and participate in monthly workflow meetings.
- Assist with the implementation of an electronic project management information system.
Qualification and Experience Required
A relevant, recognised diploma or degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years work experience in a project accounting environment;
- Proficiency in Pastel Accounting and MS Office
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent reporting skills
Closing date: 15 August 2017
To apply, please send your CV and application to Edmore@tips.org.za. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed applicants only and a market related remuneration package will be offered for the position.