You are kindly invited to the following Development Dialogue Seminar:
Prof. Carlo Pietrobelli
The Logic & the Method of Industrial Policy: Concepts & Practices.
Note that a light lunch will be provided afterwards.
About Prof. Carlo Pietrobelli :
Carlo Pietrobelli is Professor of International Economics at the University of Rome 3, Italy, where he directs the Research Centre on the Economics of Institutions (CREI, http://host.uniroma3.it/centri/CREI). He is also Delegate of the Rector for promoting University-Industry linkages and Head of the Industrial Liaison Office of the University of Rome 3 (since 2005). He holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Oxford and a Doctorate in Economics from the University of Rome 'La Sapienza'.
His fields of expertise include industrial policy, industry, technology and trade in developing countries, Science and Technology Policies, Clusters, Networks and Value Chains, Design and Evaluation of Development Programs and Projects
He has held positions in several Italian and foreign Universities and is a regular advisor to international organizations such as the European Commission, the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, IFAD, UNIDO, UNCTAD, ECLAC, OECD.
- Upgrading to Compete. Clusters and Value Chains in Latin America (with R.Rabellotti), Cambridge Ma.: HARVARD UNIVERSITY PRESS 2007;
- Linking Local and Global Economies: The Ties that Bind (with Á. Sverrisson) London and New-York: ROUTLEDGE, 2004;
- Failing to Compete: Technology Development and Technology Systems in Africa (with Sanjaya Lall), Cheltenham, UK and Lyme, US: Edward ELGAR, 2002;
- The Global Challenge to Industrial Districts: SMEs in Italy and Taiwan, (with P. Guerrieri and S. Iammarino), Cheltenham, UK and Lyme, US: Edward ELGAR: 2001;
- Industry, Competitiveness and Technological Capabilities in Chile. A New Tiger from Latin America?, London and New York: MACMILLAN and ST.MARTIN'S, 1998.
CREI, University of Roma Tre, Via Ostiense 161, 00154 Rome, Italy
Tel: � 06 57332476 Fax: 39 06 57332511